Rudie R. Soileau, Jr.
- Wrongful Death
- Maritime Accidents
- Pipeline and Oilfield Accidents
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- 18 Wheeler and Auto Crashes
Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
J.D. – 1983
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
B.S. – 1979
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State of Louisiana, 1983
Honors, Awards and Appointments
2014 Litigator Award, Top 1% Lawyers
Rudie R. Soileau, Jr. is a partner at the law firm of Lundy, Lundy, Soileau & South. He is an esteemed litigator with over 30 years of trial experience. Rudie takes pride in the fact that with each of his cases he takes time to know his client, spend time with the family and truly understand the challenge presented. He is dedicated to achieving justice for his clients.
His principal areas of practice include personal injury, wrongful death, general civil litigation and maritime accidents. He has helped many clients not only obtain restitution and relief for catastrophic injuries, but also helped clients and their family members gain peace of mind.
Rudie R. Soileau, Jr. assisted the distinguished Professor Saul Litvinoff while attending his second and third years of law school at Louisiana State University School of Law. Since his graduation in 1983, Rudie has focused his efforts on civil litigation. He is currently a partner at Lundy, Lundy, Soileau & South. He joined Lundy, Lundy, Soileau & South in January 2009.
Rudie has successfully litigated claims for maritime accidents, environmental contamination and toxic exposure, pipeline explosions, and many other claims involving wrongful death or catastrophic injuries. In addition, Rudie has handled significant disputes involving contract and business litigation.
Cases of note include:
- Claim for two families resulting from a pipeline explosion – Successfully obtained $14.5 million in recovery.
- Medical Malpractice – Successful verdict that resulted in a Louisiana Supreme Court decision that limits the rights of the Louisiana Patient’s Compensation Fund to contest liability when appealing a successful verdict at the trial court.
- Wrongful Death – Interstate highway construction zone accident.
- Civil Rights Violation – Fatal shooting of a citizen by a deputy sheriff.
- Wrongful Death – Two separate cases were successfully brought against the sheriff on behalf of the families of deputies killed in action.
Rudie has litigated a multitude of cases resulting in favorable decisions and verdicts for his clients. He is well recognized as a skilled litigator that shows a combination of compassion and determination when trying his cases.
American Association for Justice
Louisiana State Bar Association
Louisiana Association for Justice, Board of Governors
Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
Albert Tate Inns of Court, Lake Charles
American Association for Justice Cell Phone Radiation Litigation Group, Co-Chairman
Human Relations Commission for the City of Lake Charles, Former Attorney Chair
National Alliance for Mental Illness, Former Member, Board of Directors (currently represents the local affiliate)